You may recall that I was recently nominated for the Circle of Moms Top 25 Tech Moms list. The results were announced tonight and Small But Kinda Mighty finished in first place! I like lists, so here are my thoughts in bullet form:
- First, congratulations to the rest of the Mum-run sites that were voted into the Top 25. In particular, Melissa Northway, The iMums, Digital Storytime, Fun Educational Apps and The iPhone Mom – all sites I voted for daily and they all made it into the Top 10. It’s great to see so many sites do well who support good quality, independent children’s app developers. If you aren’t familiar with them then I encourage you to check them out.
- I’m shocked that Carisa of Digital Storytime didn’t make the editor’s list for Most Influential sites – she would certainly be on mine! If you love book apps for children, her site is a must-follow.
- A huge thank you to all my friends and readers who, not only voted daily for this blog, but shared the voting link and asked their friends to vote also. I had friends grabbing their Facebook friends on chat and asking them to vote, teenagers in Chicago were getting their grandparents involved, other teenagers in California were asking their school friends to click the vote button daily and I even had good friends of mine stumping for votes while their daughter was in hospital. The amount of support has been overwhelming and honestly, really humbling. Thank you so much.
- I’ve loved seeing so many app developers supporting our sites – thank you for both voting and sharing the voting links for our blogs.
- The co-operative attitude amongst the friends I have that run other sites has been fantastic. It really has been a case of mums supporting other mums and I’ve loved being a part of that.
I have to say that if someone nominates me next year, I’m not sure I’d participate. Asking for votes daily has been gruelling because I constantly felt that I must have been getting on people’s nerves. I tried to make it a little less onerous by sharing the voting link with cute pictures so, following that tradition I’ll end by saying congratulations to all my fellow mums for doing so well, thank you to everyone who supported our sites and here, everybody gets a cookie.