Inspired by Crochet Kitten's Sampler Scarf pattern (no longer available), I designed this scarf as a perfect project to practice making beginner crochet squares. Beginners can:
- practice basic techniques like working into a foundation chain
- practice foundational stitches - single and double crochet
- Use additional stitches - half double and treble crochet
- Learn how to change colours and block squares
- Practice making squares without having to take on a large project like an afghan
- Learn how to edge and join squares together
The pattern currently includes written patterns for four different squares.
This pattern will also be updated with charted patterns for all the squares, links to relevant YouTube videos as published, links to in-person and online workshops, together with alternate squares that can be made for those who are looking for a more intermediate project.
Anyone who purchases the pattern now will automatically receive an updated copy as soon as the changes are published.
To complete this pattern you’ll need:
- 3 skeins of worsted weight yarn in 3 different colours
- Size H (5.0mm) crochet hook
- Locking stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- T-pins and blocking surface, or a blocking board