One copy of this play set is ready to ship and available to purchase at a 25% discount for the Cyber Monday sale!
A portion of all sale proceeds will be donated to Community Living Hamilton.
You can purchase the Ready to Ship Pollinator play set by itself if you just want the toys, or you can purchase just the supporting materials. If you would like both the toys and the supporting materials then purchase them as a bundle and save!
The play set consists of:
- The Sun
- Blossom the queen bee
- Clover the baby bee
- Breeze the butterfly
- Laverne the lavender plant
- a hexagon shaped play mat which can also be used as a carry case
- Copies of the handmade story booklets for three SBKM stories “The Three Butterfly Buddies”, “Clover the Curious Wee Bee” and "When the Sun Never Set"
The supporting materials are designed to support play based learning as well as natural science and social studies curricula:
- PDF illustrated copies of the stories, "The Three Butterfly Buddies", "Clover the Curious Wee Bee" and "When the Sun Never Set". I can also email you epub versions of these stories.
- Social narratives (social stories) about emotions, difference and diversity using the characters from the SBKM stories.
- Suggested reading - a list of books that can be used to provide supplemental learning or encourage further discussion about the themes covered by the play set.
- Ideas for incorporating learning about bees, butterflies, flowers and pollinators into play.
- Craft ideas that tie in with the stories and the themes within them.
Available to download FREE!
Nature journaling for kids
This free handout is a 10 page PDF which includes:
- resources for parents, educators and homeschoolers including websites, books, videos and articles.
- recommendations for books to read with children of all ages to encourage them to spend time and play outside as well as observe, learn from and feel more connected to nature (especially in urban environments).