One copy of this play set is ready to ship and available to purchase at a 25% discount for the Cyber Monday sale!
A portion of all sale proceeds will be donated to Community Living Hamilton.
You can purchase the Ready to Ship Sun Moon and Stars play set by itself if you just want the toys, or you can purchase just the supporting materials.
The play set consists of:
- The Sun
- Luna, the Moon
- Stef the star
- a spiral galaxy play mat which can also be used as a carry case
- Copies of the handmade story booklets for three SBKM stories “Grumpy Moon”, “Whoosh upon a Star” and "When the Sun never set"
The supporting materials are designed to support play based learning as well as planetary science and teaching self regulation.
Available now to download FREE!
Planetary Sensory Walk
This free handout:
- is a 20 page PDF about each of the 8 planets in our solar system. Each planet's section includes:
- a recipe for sensory play bin contents, (e.g. home made kinetic sand for Mercury)
- fun facts about each planet
- some science stuff to tie in with your school or home-based curriculum
- sensory play ideas
Grumpy Moon Package
Luna, the Moon, is one of the characters in the full Regulate Your Universe play set. The Grumpy Moon package is part of the supporting materials for Regulate Your Universe but is also offered as a standalone download for those parents or educators who need resources specifically focused on helping kids successfully cope with life changes and transitions.
This package includes:
- Luna's story (Grumpy Moon), a cute short story to read with kids about the Moon, and how her friends work together to help her better handle change.
- A social narrative called What should we do when we feel overwhelmed?, packed full of practical strategies to assist parents and educators in helping kids cope with transitions, anxiety, overwhelm and changes, big and small.
- Both Grumpy Moon and What should we do when we feel overwhelmed? are available as epub files so you can read them on an iDevice - email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the epub files and I will send them to you at no extra cost.
- an infographic of my six recommendations to help children prepare for change
If you want to purchase the Choiceworks Calendar iPad app featured in Grumpy Moon, click here to purchase it from the App Store.
Whoosh Upon A Star Package
Stef, a Star, is one of the characters in the full Regulate Your Universe play set. The Whoosh Upon A Star Package is part of the supporting materials for Regulate Your Universe but is also offered as a standalone download for those parents or educators who want a cute, calming bedtime story together with resources specifically focused on helping kids understand sensory input as a form of self regulation and alternative communication methods other than speech.
This package includes:
Stef's story (Whoosh Upon A Star), a sweet story about a boy who loves stars and sounds. Perfect to read at bedtime.
A social narrative called What is stimming?, written to help people understand how we all use sensory input for self regulation.
- A social narrative called What is AAC?, which shares information about communication methods that don’t involve speech, and how we can be better communication partners to AAC users.
- Whoosh upon a star, What is stimming? and What is AAC? are all available as epub files so you can read them on an iDevice - email me at email@example.com if you would like the epub files and I will send them to you at no extra cost.