Crochet workshops - for those wanting to learn crochet, practice crocheting, or learn new skills, there are so many options available for you right here in Hamilton, Ontario. Come and crochet with me!
Why crochet? Let's take a look at the primary reasons people quickly become crochet addicts:
- People of any age can learn to crochet. My youngest student to date was 8 years old, and my oldest was in her 60s. It may also help combat cognitive decline that comes with age.
- Crochet provides an incredibly accessible form of creative expression. Many people feel like they could never draw or paint or knit. I used to feel like that too; I was convinced I couldn't do anything crafty or artistic. Crochet not only gave me a creative outlet but it also gave me the confidence to try other crafts as well.
- Almost everyone I know loves to receive a handmade gift. Because crochet works up so quickly, it's a great craft to learn if you want to whip up some stocking stuffers for the holidays.
- There's nothing quite like the sense of accomplishment you get from seeing something you made with your own two hands.
- Crochet is an incredibly relaxing and meditative craft. The rhythm and repetition is hard to stop once you get started leading to the familiar cry of all crocheters: "Just one more row/round!" Crochet has been a huge source of support for me during the periods I've suffered with major depression.
Here's all the ways you can come and crochet with me over the next few months, I can't wait to see you!
On the first Thursday of each month, Handknit Yarn Studio has a Knit Night from 5pm to 8pm. If you want to just spend some time with fellow yarn crafters, feel free to drop in, as I will be there.
- If you and a friend or two want to set up a workshop with me - beginner projects, hats, scarves, amigurumi, socks, shawls, anything! - contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book some dates and times.
- Crochet sock workshop: On October 12th and 26th I will be at Handknit Yarn teaching folks how to crochet socks. Not slippers, socks - socks you can wear with shoes. For those that can't attend in person, I will be publishing the pattern outlining how I make mine.
- Coming soon: In November I will again be at Handknit Yarn facilitating a Sampler Scarf workshop. This project is perfect for people who have learned to crochet and are looking for beginner project ideas that will help them practice basics and learn a few extra tips, tricks and techniques.
You can easily book time with me right here on my website! The booking page includes a calendar showing my availability, which falls into three general time frames:
- Week nights. Typically Thursdays. We can meet either at the Handknit Yarn Knit Night or another location like a public library, depending on when you want to schedule your lesson time.
- Week days. Typically Monday to Friday from 10.30am to 2.00pm
- Week ends. Available every other weekend from 10.30am to 5:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel whether you are local or not! I have a series of videos planned and in production that cover:
- basic techniques
- trickier aspects of my patterns
- techniques I teach in workshops (for example, ways of joining crochet squares)
I hope I get to crochet with you soon - if you want to crochet but you're not sure if any of the above options work for you then feel free to contact me to discuss - you can email me at email@example.com