All play sets are made to order so toys can be made in the colour combinations you choose.
I do my best to get your product to you as soon as possible but please allow approximately 6-8 weeks from the time of order until completion. Upon receipt of your order I will email to confirm a current estimated time of delivery.
If you are local to Hamilton, Ontario, curbside pickup is available.
Why buy play sets from Small But Kinda Mighty instead of from a big box store?
- My toys are 100% handmade. Crochet is a process that cannot be mechanized so each stitch is made by hand. Every toy takes, on average, 6 hours to make.
- They come with their own stories, designed to encourage development of story telling skills. Each story has its own, handmade, story booklet.
- With a couple of exceptions, only natural materials are utilized, not synthetics. I use 100% merino wool for both the toys and the carrying case, to ensure they are soft to touch and comforting to hold.
- The toys are designed to be hand-held. This ensures they are easily portable items, able to provide comfort during travel, transitions, medical appointments and in any new or stressful environment.
- The characters' faces are deliberately kept simple, usually consisting of eyes only. This encourages children to learn about emotions and feelings from context - either through reading or using their imagination.
- Whenever possible, separate parts of each toy are crocheted together rather than sewn. This improves the toy’s durability and ensures they can withstand robust handling.