Why buy play sets from Small But Kinda Mighty instead of from a big box store?
- My toys are 100% handmade. Crochet is a process that cannot be mechanized so each stitch is made by hand. Every toy takes, on average, 6 hours to make.
- They come with their own stories, designed to encourage development of story telling skills. Each story has its own, handmade, story booklet.
- With a couple of exceptions, only natural materials are utilized, not synthetics. I use 100% merino wool for both the toys and the carrying case, to ensure they are soft to touch and comforting to hold.
- The toys are designed to be hand-held. This ensures they are easily portable items, able to provide comfort during travel, transitions, medical appointments and in any new or stressful environment.
- The characters' faces are deliberately kept simple, usually consisting of eyes only. This encourages children to learn about emotions and feelings from context - either through reading or using their imagination.
- Whenever possible, separate parts of each toy are crocheted together rather than sewn. This improves the toy’s durability and ensures they can withstand robust handling.
All play sets are made to order so toys can be made in the colour combinations you choose.
I do my best to get your product to you as soon as possible but please allow approximately 6-8 weeks from the time of order until completion. Upon receipt of your order I will email to confirm a current estimated time of delivery.