For Socktober, people all over donate have sock drives in order to donate socks to local homeless shelters. Handknit Yarn Studio is having a sock drive for either newly purchased or handmade socks. Here's how you can help:
- Stop by their store at 144 James Street North and donate a pair of socks before October 31st
- Purchase a pair of crocheted socks from me - I will use the funds to buy a skein of yarn and donate my time spent (over an hour) and crochet a pair of socks for donation. I will send you a picture of the finished pair of socks.
What's unique about SBKM custom plush toys?
- My toys are 100% handmade. Unlike knitting or sewing or other fibre crafts, crochet is a process that cannot be mechanized so each stitch is made by hand. Every toy takes, on average, about 6 hours to make, depending on size and complexity.
- Each character has their own story and I am writing these stories down and making handmade story booklets that are included in the price of each toy.
- With a couple of exceptions, only natural materials are utilized, not synthetics. I use 100% merino wool to ensure the toys are soft to touch and comforting to hold.
- Whenever possible, separate parts of each toy are crocheted together rather than sewn. This improves the toy’s durability and ensures they can withstand robust handling.
All crocheted toys are made to order.
At checkout please provide all customization requests (colour choices, for example). Upon receipt of your order I will send you an email confirming the details of your order and the expected delivery time.