A portion of the sale proceeds for all play sets and supporting materials will be donated to Halton Learning Foundation.
Available now to download FREE!
Learn and Play Outside Guide
This free guide includes:
- resources for parents, educators and others, including websites, books, videos and articles to help encourage outside play and learning
- recommendations for books to read with children of all ages to encourage them to spend time and play outside as well as observe, learn from and feel more connected to nature (especially in urban environments).
Difference and Diversity ebook
The Difference and Diversity ebook consists of 45 pages of material designed to support play based learning as well as natural science and social studies curricula:
- PDF photo illustrated copies of the stories, "The Three Butterfly Buddies", "Clover the Curious Wee Bee" and "When the Sun Wouldn't Set". I can also email you epub versions of these stories
- Social narratives (social stories) about emotions, difference, and diversity using the characters from the Bee, Butterfly, Sun and Lavender stories
- Suggested reading - a list of books that can be used to provide supplemental learning or encourage further discussion about the themes covered by the play set.
- Ideas for incorporating learning about bees, butterflies, flowers and pollinators into play
- Craft and activity ideas that tie in with the stories and the themes within them.
Sensory Scavenger Sound Hunt printables
Part of the Difference and Diversity Ebook this is also available as a separate download.
Most nature treasure/scavenger hunts are just lists of things you can see. Not only does this exclude visually impaired kids, but it can also lead to a frustrating experience for children who can’t find what it on the list. For example, it’s often difficult to see birds or insects!
This fall nature hunt is focused on sounds, which takes the pressure off finding things and gets kids focused on listening. It also means you don’t need to go out on a walk to do it - if the weather is bad or a child has limited mobility, they can do this nature sound hunt from where they are, even inside!
This booklet includes:
- Fall Nature Sound Hunt printable
- Lots of ideas for how to use it again and again
- Suggestions for core vocabulary to use
- Books to read in conjunction with the hunt
- If you have the FTVS HD app or are interested in buying it I can share with you the file to download the checklist on your phone.