A portion of the sale proceeds for all play sets and supporting materials will be donated to Halton Learning Foundation.
You can purchase the Pollinator Play Nature toys as a set, or individually, if you just want the toys. Or you can purchase just the stories and play guide ebook. If you would like both the toys and the ebook then purchase them as a bundle and save!
Handmade soft nature toys that also encourage play-based learning about natural science.
All my toys are 100% handmade, right here in Hamilton, Ontario. Crochet is a process that cannot be mechanized, so each stitch is made by hand and every toy takes, on average, 4-6 hours to make.
These are quality toys: with a couple of exceptions, only natural materials are utilized, not synthetics. I use 100% merino wool for both the toys and the carrying case, to ensure they are soft to touch and comforting to hold.
The toys come with their own stories, designed to encourage development of story telling skills, and every story is presented in its own handmade story booklet.
The Pollinator Play Nature toys set consists of:
- Archie the Sun
- Blossom the queen bee
- Clover the baby bee
- Breeze the butterfly
- Laverne the lavender plant (in unscented or scented version)
- a hexagon shaped play mat which can also be used as a carry case.
- Copies of the handmade story booklets for the three SBKM stories “The Three Butterfly Buddies”, “Clover the Curious Wee Bee” and "When the Sun Wouldn't Set"
The ebook is a guide to support parents and gift givers who want to encourage play based learning. It includes
- Photo illustrated, digital copies of the stories, "The Three Butterfly Buddies", "Clover the Curious Wee Bee" and "When the Sun Wouldn't Set". I can also email you epub versions of these stories.
- Suggested reading - a list of books that can be used to provide supplemental learning or encourage further discussion about the themes covered by the play set.
- Ideas for incorporating learning about bees, butterflies, flowers and pollinators into play
- Craft and activity ideas that tie in with the stories and the themes within them.
Available now to download FREE!
Learn and play outside guide
This guide is includes in the ebook but can also be downloaded separate for free. It includes:
- resources for adults including websites, books, videos and articles to help encourage outside play and learning
- recommendations for books to read with children of all ages to encourage them to spend time and play outside as well as observe, learn from and feel more connected to nature (especially in urban environments).