Easy crochet headband pattern free - There's a million crochet ear warmer patterns out there already so why did I design another one? Here's 5 reasons:
- A headband is often someone's first "real" crochet project so it should be easy but also functional and look good
- Working double crochet back and forth in rows is good practice but the fabric it creates tends to be quite "holey" so, less than ideal for an ear warmer
- Working single crochet back and forth in rows is also good practice but single crochet fabric isn't very stretchy
- The lemon peel stitch is easy, works up fast, allows a beginner to practice both single and double crochet and creates a stretchy, warm fabric with both visual and tangible texture.
- The free, written, downloadable pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos for sewing the headband together to create the X-shaped twist at the front.
In order to make this headband, you need to know how to do a slip knot, chain, work into a foundation chain, and make single and double crochet stitches.
The crochet ear warmer pattern is the 10th of my 12 free patterns for the holidays. In case you missed the first nine, here are the links:
- Day 1 was my Bunny from a crochet square pattern
- Day 2 was my amigurumi ball pattern, modified to make a Christmas ornament
- Day 3 was an easy crochet dishcloth pattern for a Granny Square you can use as gift wrap
- Day 4 was amigurumi Chocolate Holiday Kisses
- Day 5 was a 3-in-1 pattern for mug rugs
- Day 6 was a Granny Star
- Day 7 was Tinsel the Amigurumi Xmas tree
- Day 8 was the Granny Triangle Xmas tree
- Day 9 was the Granny Hexagon Hot Pad
If you make any items using my patterns I would so love to see them so please do join my crochet Facebook group to share your pictures and show off any of your other completed projects.